background

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

preparing for the BIG birthday!

It's already APRIL which means our little NONA MONSTER is turning ONE next month :) CELEBRATION time!!! Seeing as she attempts to give me a heart attack nearly everyday, I'm just hoping to present her in one piece for her special day.
Last week I caught her escaping thru the baby-gate at the top of the stairs. She was crawling down the stairs HEAD first with what seemed to be complete control. But my heart nearly exploded when I looked up and saw 2 little baby feet poking out from over the top stair.  Then a few days later she attempted to swallow the hooked end of a metal hanger. Probably the scariest day for me as a parent EVER. She literally had the entire head of the hanger in her mouth, and it was STUCK. Thank heavens Adam was home... I really do not know what I would have done.  Adam had me hold her down while he steadily worked to finagle the hanger out of her mouth/throat/gums/ whatever it was stuck on. I had to keep audibly telling myself to "calm down" , meanwhile I was imagining the hanger fish-hooking thru her esophagus, blood, surgery, and all worst case scenarios. In the end I think she just had a sore mouth for a day or two, and seems to be doing fine.
So... we will do our best to keep her shenanegans under control, and stay tuned as I am planning a pretty cool MONSTER themed birthday party for our precious little monsterette.
(p.s. Just today I caught her chewing on a screwdriver, and crawling around with an entire refrigerator magnet in her mouth.  So things are still a bit sketchy around here...)








No comments:

Post a Comment