background

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Look what I can do!

NonaJane has been busy. Busy learning that is. She has learned that she can do this...

"What's mom hiding from me in this drawer?"

"I'll get in here myself thank you"

stools come in so handy!
Why is this not working mom?

or if she decides to play in the toilet than she gets to do this :)

This weekend I didn't hover over my zealous and curious little girl. I ignored some of my 'motherly instincts' and it was pretty cool.   "don't eat the dirt!" "don't play in the toilet" "don't lick the shopping cart!" are all pretty natural statements to come out of my mouth.   I feel it is my responsibility to prevent her from trying these things  (though NonaJane has done them all...some are more pressing issues than others. But that is neither here nor there).  But this weekend I took a laid back approach, and let NonaJane explore the great outdoors.  It was fascinating watching the gears turn in her head, and boy did she have fun.
All rocks were fascinating to her... they were fun to bang, and drop, throw, and lick.  At first I panicked that she might choke on one, but then when I watched her I quickly realized that she had no intentions of eating them. She just wanted to taste them all, and would spit them out once she got all the yummy dirt off of them :)
 Tasting one bad stick did not mean that ALL sticks were bad.   Weeds however, these were rejected after the first bad taste.  
Our little girl is entering such a FUN phase in life! Everything is new to her. Everything is intriguing, and amazing. She is so full of joy, and we are so thankful for her EVERY DAY!  The other day Jack looked at Adam and said "I sure do LOVE my baby sister"  
We do too Jack :)
I think she looks like me here...

No comments:

Post a Comment