background

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Boys Will Be Boys

I was sitting on my couch while Jack was napping (honestly I was a bit bored... this keeps happening lately. I think I must really be ready for this 2nd baby) ANY whooo... I was peering across my living room floor and had this thought "what will our house look like if this baby is a girl???"  I mean look at my floor! A tricycle, race car, hot wheels, pirate swords, a tool set, and golf clubs.  How weird would it be to throw in a doll or...what else do girls play with? I mean I know I AM a girl, but I grew up with two older brothers and am not so sure I had many girly things.  Most pictures of me I am in hand-me-down cut off jeans and t-shirts. Which I am totally cool with. I stand firm that if this precious little baby is a girl, she can be cool in blue. Why all the pressure to buy everything pink???

Yes, Jack Jack did line up all his hot wheels and monster trucks big to small. Because he DOES have some of his super cool mommy in him.          
Somehow I got off topic.  Back to "Boys being Boys."  Last week Jack- Jack was on an injury kick. First he face dove off the swings into gravel, then he tried to stand up in the jogging stroller in some sort of acrobatic move and flipped it- thus landing face first on the concrete.  Few days later he was running down the driveway (obviously asking for more blood) and fell scraping up his knees. I would like to brag about how brave and stoic he was. But this is not exactly true. On the contrary he was quite dramatic.  He couldn't bare to let me simply wash the blood of his face, and he did make sure to re-tell his injury story to EVERYONE he met.  At home I got the job of man-handling him every evening to douse him in hydrogen peroxide and apply the deadly neosporin.  At least he acted like it was deadly. This was equally unpleasant for him and me. OH, and I almost forgot to mention that after scraping his knees he walked around hunched over and holding the legs of his shorts up so as to avoid any 'accidental rubbing' of the material on his knees.  He would randomly moan thru out the day and say "my kneeeeeeees" in a very dramatic (and extremely funny) tone.  Aaaah, so cute. Memories in the making I say :)

1964 Lone Star with the original 9.9 HP motor. You should have seen us hauling across the lake.  We left a MAJOR wake


 Adam and Jack also got a new "Boys will be Boys" toy.  Ain't it cute?  We took her out for a quick spin around lake Olathe. It seemed we did take on a small amount of water but determined it was nothing that would sink you (unless you sat out there for a REAL long time.) And if I know Adam he will have this problem solved in a matter of days.  We then had to go buy Jack his own fishing rod, Spiderman or course. Though I doubt he even knows who Spiderman really is. This is not the point though- it was very BOYISH and goes with the theme of the blog post. He has been practicing reeling it off the couch all day (no pictures of this yet... will get on that).  In case you thought I wasn't going to complain about spending money, we also had to dump a load of money on stupid boat accessories: a boat cover, a new plug (so we don't sink), oil, gas, some part or another to get the brake lights on the trailer working, etc. etc.   Darn Toys

Jack took awhile to warm up to the boat. I think he is used to the bigger ski boat... and it was kinda cold. But he did come around and now has been non-stop in asking us to go back to Lake Olathe.  Too bad the rain has moved in, he's gonna have to wait a few days.



No comments:

Post a Comment