background

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day at the Lake

Is that a baby on a beach??
Week 5 of NonaJane's life has been a busy one marked with some pretty significant events.   We headed to Joplin so she could meet her Great Grandpa Jack Schwatken and Great Grandma Mary Jane Schwatken (post on this to come)  and she took her second trip to the lake house to celebrate father's day. This trip to the lake house was much more exciting for me because my incision is finally healed and I was free to swim. Luckily there are no pictures to document this, as my appearance in a swimsuit is still less than appealing.  I did take advantage of the water and spent time treading water, swimming laps between the docks and attempting to lose all 10 pounds of baby fat in one day. Which my mom kindly informed me is not possible.  O-well you gotta start somewhere.
Saturday evening we all  (including Mema, Papa, Uncle Mike, Aunt Julie, Ethan, Henry, Luella, Adam, Myself, Jack and Nona) braved ourselves enough to venture out.  We visited a sandy beach,  witnessed Mema getting drunk, and then headed out for Bar-B-Q where the restaurant was completely out of brisket and burnt ends. What? Is that not a normal sentence?
How can a bar-b-q place be out of brisket?

Okay  maybe Mema being drunk is an exaggeration, but my mom and I share a common characteristic that one beverage equals giddy behavior and a good time.  See pictures below for proof.

No worries, no foul play was gonna happen here. Nona was guarded by an intimidating Papa and Uncle Michael

Jack, Luella, and Henry collaborating nicely



Henry Jack and Ethan swimming together (the three in the middle of this picture)
Where was Mema during all this beach action??


That face looks pretty incriminating!
Jack's shirt reads "My Dad Rules" and Nona's says "I LOVE my Daddy"
When we returned home we enjoyed delicious brownies a-la-mode that Julie had made and shared father's day cards with Michael, Papa and Adam.  Pretty lame for them as no actual gifts were given :) They received the gift of LOVE and APPRECIATION.  Does that count?


Is Nona and Jack making the same face here? Hilarious!!!

Jack showing Nona his love

Nona retaliating in a not-so friendly little sister way...



Jack continues to absolutely love his new baby sister.  He has also shown marked improvement in being "gentle" and "nice" to her. His squeezes have become softer, and his kisses lighter.  We did have a biting incident... not really sure what happened there but Nona's foot had the teethmarks to prove it. Jack seemed a little shocked that Nona tattled on him. Yes son, she does have a pain response and will let me know when you hurt her. Lesson learned. 



This week Nona also had her pictures taken professionally. We haven't seen them yet but I know they will be amazing. Nona was alert and happy for the pictures.  I think she might have caught a few smiles too. Can't wait to get them and share them!!! Nona also rolled from her tummy to her back twice this week, and slept 6 hours straight on 3 separate nights. At this rate I am not going to get in as much middle of the night TV viewing as I imagined.  Now when will I catch up on all my DVR'd tv shows??? HAHA. I am not really complaining, this is sarcasm.

Anyhoo... we really had an awesome time at the lake house this weekend, and want to tell Adam "Happy Father's Day!" We love YOU. You are an awesome Dad. You're fun, adventurous, playful, sweet, caring, hard working, and best of all you love us! 

Even though this picture is blurry... I  wanted to share how sweet Nona's cousin Henry is to her.  He loves to hold her, and is by far the gentlest sweetest kid with her!  He takes the time to admire her little fingers and toes, and so patiently holds her.  What a cutie pie!!!

1 comment: