background

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Little whippersnappers

NonaJane is turning out to be a cute and sweet little whippersnapper! "What's a whippersnapper?" you say. It is an odd saying, but I'm meaning it as a compliment! This morning she was sitting in the playroom (oops I mean "den") and I was in the kitchen making pancakes.  I called her name and waved at her. She smiled, and WAVED BACK with complete purpose and intent.  She then proceeded to crawl over to me babbling "mum, mum, mum".  See what I mean? She is a not-yet 9 month old whippersnapper :)
Jack's drawing of a sailboat, with the word SAIL to clarify for you


While I'm busy bragging... the other day NonaJane and I were upstairs and Jack was downstairs playing on his chalkboard. When Nona and I came down, we discovered that Jack had drawn a house, with himself inside (i knew it was him because he wrote his name next to the stick figure), and the house had a chimney with smoke coming out of it!!! WHAT?  So I ran to get my camera and barely snapped a picture before he proceeded to start ERASING it yelling "it's not good enough!"  AHHHHH! No Jack, it is beyond AWESOME! 3 year olds aren't supposed to draw houses at all!  He then spent the rest of the afternoon mastering triangles so he could draw a roof on his house. This included several perfectionistic melt-downs as clearly the world was ending when his triangles were lopsided.  Oh my BOY. You have the ability, the drive, the talent, and the determination to go so far. Please don't let this frustration to be perfect stop you in your tracks....
and then today NonaJane conquered the stair mountain. Forgive me for not having a picture, I was too busy being a responsible person and following her carefully :)

I love how the next few pictures make Jack out to be an innocent and studious little boy, and NonaJane appears to be the guilty "NonaMonster".  Too funny!  but don't believe it... Jack is not this innocent!


"Mom, Nona is attacking me!"

"Mom! Nona is taking my trains!!"

"Mom!!! Nona knocked down the plant!!"

Resting from all my studies

Matching Jammies :) thanks to cousins Ethan and Henry :)

No comments:

Post a Comment