background

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Who knew they would be different? Oh, everyone but me

It has taken me some time to adjust to and accept the fact that our children are different. You wouldn't think this would be a big deal. I mean obviously people are all unique and different. But for some reason I had this naive notion that the methods we used and perfected with Jack would work with Nona.  I expected to have the same challenges, and the same solutions. HA HA!!! At times with NonaJane I feel like a new parent again, because she constantly challenges us in new ways.  Things that we struggled with with Jack such as refusing to eat and his sensitivity (remember when he would burst into tears if anyone told him "no"?) are turning out to not be issues at ALL with Nona.  Instead we struggle with getting NonaJane to go to sleep (what, Jack never did this?) and Nona is the most persistent, determined, and strong little baby!!!   It turns out we have been blessed with two amazing, unique and individual children. Two children who bring us joy, frustration, love, excitement, and exhaustion. We LOVE YOU
Jack Wilder 8 months.  Look at those little legs!
Jack Wilder at 8 months

Nonajane at 8 months... trying to recreate the picture :) The dreary winter background doesn't help the scene much.
We think she is saying..."Why did you take the pine cone from me? What exactly are you trying to get me to do here!? Why would I smile at you right now?  You two are crazy"

Jack exploring food. "This is the last time you will EVER see my try these things..."

Adam's 3words to describe Jack: perfectionist, analytical, caring
Kelly's 3 words for Jack:  sincere/sensitive, smart, and beautiful (in a handsome way :))
Adam's 3 words for Nona:  carefree, strong, giggly
Kelly's 3 words for Nona:  strong, persistent, affectionate and beautiful (in a beautiful way :))

No comments:

Post a Comment