background

Saturday, January 12, 2013

The best gift ever (besides baby Jesus)

Unwrapping the present...
Christmas is a big deal for Adam.  I mean, it's a BIG deal for everyone... but Adam definitely gets an extra gleam in his eye around Christmas time.  I would like to say that this excitement is purely surrounding the baby Jesus, but I think another big part is the presents.  Gift giving is definitely one of Adam's main love languages, and he LOVES to give and get presents.  Odd that he would marry me then. I might be one of the worst gift givers ever, and whether or not I get any is pretty irrelevant to me. But don't take me as ungrateful, I definitely appreciate a well thought gift! But if you don't get me anything I won't take it as a personal offense either.  I still know you love me :)  Adam, however, will take it as a personal offense if you don't wrap him up something nice.

and the surprise sinks in!
Well his big brother, Ryan, made his year this year.  He surprised Adam on Christmas with tickets to the Broncos vs. Chiefs game in Denver over New Year's weekend.  The fact that his big brother would plan this surprise, spend the money, and think of something so nice to do for Adam... well he was beyond words.  Adam told me later that it was the BEST surprise and Christmas present he had ever received.  Well done Ryan. Maybe now Adam will stop telling the stories about you sitting on top of him and dangling spit over his face. 
Doubt it.
Adam and Ryan in front of Sports Authority field at Mile High

I think they got their early enough...

Ryan, Adam, and Ron

Pre-Game

The view out their hotel window

No comments:

Post a Comment