background

Sunday, December 30, 2012

I'll never forget

Dear Jack-
A monumental moment happened in my life the other day... a moment I will cherish forever. And it was all thanks to YOU.  You've brightened my life from the moment I met you, and expanded my heart. In turn this has made me more emotional, fearful, and vulnerable than I have ever felt.  My Mom and Dad tried to explain these emotions to me my whole life... and the day you were born they all made sense.
The other day, as we attended a wedding, I had a parenting moment I wish never to forget...  It went something like this:

Jack "what are they doing?"
Adam "they are getting Married"
Jack "I want to get married"
Adam "do you know what it means to get married?"
Jack "no"
Adam "  when you grow up and find a woman that you LOVE SO MUCH that you wan to spend the rest of your life with her, you get married."

Jack... long thoughtful pause... "Daddy, I want to Marry Mommy" followed by a tight hug, and kiss on my cheek.

ME    tears of joy 

Thank you, Jack, for loving me so much. Thank you for calling me your "best friend" when Daddy isn't around.  I'll try not to cling to you forever, I know someday I will have to let you go. But for now, the feelings are mutual. You can stay with me and Daddy forever.
I LOVE YOU SO MUCH,
your mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment