background

Saturday, December 29, 2012

The Nona Monster


The Nona Monster in action
NonaJane is an awesome baby.  She cracks me up... and keeps us on our toes.  I swear she is the most mischievous little girl! If there is something dangerous in the room, she will zone in on it and be-line for it.  when Jack was a baby I laughed at all the baby proofing products because we never needed them! He was sweet, calm, content, and happy to follow all the rules. Jack also didn't crawl until he was 8 months and 3 weeks old, but NonaJane started crawling at 6 months and 3 weeks!  She is SO happy about it, and has taken her reign as "in-charge."  We started giving her the endearing name of "Nona Monster" when she took to the fun activity of attacking and destroying anything that Jack is trying to play with.  Now don't pity Jack just yet, he isn't afraid to push her down, sit on her, or pull her by her arms to protect himself. But what cracks me up, is that NonaJane seems to think even that is funny. I can't tell you how many times I have come into the room to find Jack riding Nona like a horse, and she is SMILING! What??? I yell at him anyways... but who am I to interrupt their sibling play.
Their favorite "toy" the ipad
I will admit that i was expecting my second baby to be much like my first, and have ultimately decided that so far my two children are polar opposites.  Jack was an amazing sleeper and hated to eat... NonaJane thinks sleeping is over-rated and will eat ANYTHING with a smile on her face.  I wonder if she will be a perfectionist like Jack and I, or if she will take a more carefree approach to life like Adam???
So much fun to watch them grow... but can I just keep them small like this for awhile? (except for the sleeping thing, that sucks... )

No comments:

Post a Comment