background

Thursday, February 21, 2013

5 years

It's been 5 years.
5 years since I walked down the aisle to the man of my dreams. Literally, well sort of. Actually Adam was better than the man I had dreamed of for myself. When I met Adam, I thought "oh, THIS is love. THIS is what God had in store for me."  Do you know the country song "the broken road"? I love that song, and at times I think "why did I have to go down such a twisted broken road to find you?" but the more i think about it, the more I realize that the adventure that brought me to Adam, is the EXACT reason that I love my marriage so much. I've also always been convinced that Adam is a bit too handsome for me, a bit too handy, a bit too talented, and a bit too amazing.  Now that we have been married for 5 years I not only think that he is too handsome, too talented, and too amazing, but he is also the MOST amazing DAD ever.  Our kids are SO lucky to have him. He is the calmer parent, the 'funner' parent (can we just add that word to the dictionary already? you know you use it too), the silly, exciting, and entertaining parent. The ladies at work tell me I have it too good when I tell them that Adam does the majority of the grocery shopping and the cooking. But hey, I scrub all the toilets so that should count for something! (and the laundry, the dishes, the housework... but who's keeping score?) As far as I'm concerned, I "married up".
When we were asked "does it feel like 5 years?" we both agreed that it feels longer. Longer, because it is hard to remember life before each other.
Thank You Lord for placing Adam in my life. Thank You for the two amazing children that you have given us. The past 5 years have been full, rich, and crammed full of life-changing moments... wonder where we will be in 5 more...









I love you Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment