background

Friday, December 13, 2013

We got the message

I think God might be trying to talk to me.  I mean, I know God probably talks to me all the time, but this time I think he was blatantly talking to me... and thru my son.  It has happened on 3 occasions, all within a few days.


1: They other day I was at Carter's shopping with Jack. Jack was entertaining himself at the lego table along with another young boy and his mother.  As I was walking by, the mother called out to me and said "Your son just built a cross out of legos, and then proceeded to tell me all about Jesus and how he died on the cross for us!" Meanwhile her son was terrorizing small lego villages and knocking them into oblivion.  I smiled, thought 'where in the world did that come from' and kept on my shopping.  Then Jack asked angelically if he was good enough to go mini-golfing.  Can't say "NO" to mini-golfing when your son just preached the message of Jesus' salvation.
2:  Last night before bed Jack asked "Can we read from my Bible tonight? I would really like to learn about Jesus.  The book to learn about Jesus is the Bible! Right Mom?"  So after 48 pages of the Children's version of the Old Testament I put a book mark in it and called it a night.  Tonight, Jack wanted to pick right back up in the Bible.  Around page 80 I said I thought we ought to call it a night.  He replied "let's keep going till we get to the part where Jesus dies on the cross."  ummm.... I'm not really up for reading the entire bible in one night.  So instead I got to field some pretty intense questions like: "why did the people Hate Jesus, when Jesus LOVED them?"
3: Adam informed me today that while on the way to the gym, Jack stated that he wanted to go back to the church where he got to wear the name tag on his back and eat goldfish. So I'm not sure which he likes more.. learning about Jesus or eating goldfish.  Nevertheless, his message is pretty clear.

OKAY.  So we took a hiatus from church.  Adam was working every weekend in the basement, we got busy, excuse, excuse, excuse.  Our hearts have never stopped loving God (especially Jack) and it has been laid on our hearts to get ourselves back into the Church.  No better time than now!  Especially with Christmas, right?  Think the pastor and congregation will believe that we were on an 8 month missions trip? Ya, probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment