background

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Fond du lac - round #2

(Preface: I left my camera in Wisconsin, thus all the pictures that I took with the blog in mind... are still vacationing in Katie's kitchen. For now I will post the random pictures from my phone :))

Jack waking up in the morning light
Two weekends ago we took our second annual trip to Fond du lac Wisconsin for the fun-filled old fashioned Crabb Family Thanksgiving.  We were the hap-hap-happiest bunch around.  Adam and I started off the trip by leaving our house at 11:30pm and driving thru the night.  I was super excited because I had checked out a series of books on tapes from the Library. Adam was not so excited about that, but in the end I think we both really enjoyed the mystery novel by Mary Higgins Clark.  It was a peaceful drive thru the night. The kids slept like angels, I ate an entire bag of dark chocolate mint M&M's, and arrived at 9:30A.M. a pound fatter and much tired-er ( like how I made that word up just so it would rhyme?) Anyhoo, Adam and I managed to get some naps in on Saturday, and felt like we gained an extra day to celebrate with family.
NonaJane sleeping thru the morning light
A quick summary of the weekend would go as follows: we ate. And Ate. then asked when we could eat again.  Katie, as usual, cooked non-stop.  There was home-made  snicker-doodles, candied pecans, pies, coffee cake, bean dip, fruit dip, salsas, summer sausage, cheese platters and veggies all for your snacking needs.  When meal-times rolled around there was home made (notice the key word "Home Made") biscuits and gravy, eggs, egg casseroles, white chicken chili, and of course the entire classic Thanksgiving line up.  The kids annoyingly avoided all meal-times but managed to snack around the clock.  The adults managed to gorge at every meal, and still snack around the clock (which is probably even more annoying!)
We watched our favorite movie "Christmas Vacation", and played some serious (the word serious is being used facetiously here) rounds of "Wits and Wagers".  Then the guys stayed up late drinking and woke Julie up at 3:00 AM. There was rumors of men dancing in their underwear, but I steered clear of that.  Overall I think everyone had a darn good Holiday. 
Thank You again Mark, Katie, Hudson, Everett and Nolan for sharing your home!!!
See you next year! (self-invitations to crash someone's house for a Holiday are the best)
Back Table: Luella and Nolan
Front Table: Everett, Ethan, Henry, NonaJane, the back of Jack's head, and Hudson hiding underneath the table
Jack REALLY enjoyed their costumes... thinking these might be a good Christmas idea

I love this picture of NonaJane and her Uncle Michael!


No comments:

Post a Comment