background

Monday, September 3, 2012

Consignment sale junky

My name is Kelly. I am a consignment sale, Craig's list, and garage sale junky.

 I LOVE deals, I find deep joy when I buy something at a fraction of it's original cost. It's hard to describe how GOOD it really makes me feel!!! A dollar saved is a dollar earned :)  Adam says sometimes he feels bad for Jack that he has never owned anything new in his life.  But we don't feel that bad because the kid is spoiled rotten! It makes no difference to him if some other kid played with it first, and our basement 'toy room' is proof. Plus he is pretty good at getting deals himself. At the last garage sale he bought himself a bicycle that hooks up to the TV and works like a video game. The lady was asking $10, but he got it for $8... I don't know what they are new... probably $50?
Nona enjoying her new 'sassy' jumper ($10 thank you very much!)

 Anyhow, last week was the first round of fall consignment sales.  I was excited for weeks, I lined my mom up to babysit the kids (much better to shop without the distraction of children), marked the date on the calender, and had Adam up and ready to go by 8a.m.  On the way there I literally felt like I was having an anxiety attack with each red light.  "The crap will all still be there Kelly" said Adam calmly.  Once there I felt like a kid in a candy store unsure of which way to go first: clothes, games, toys, shoes, ahhhh!!! But no fear... we went and we conquered.  I spent nearly $200... BUT I imagine the original ticket cost of all I purchased was probably closer to $600-700 or likely even more.  Now sweet NonaJane has more than enough GIRL clothes to last up to size 18 months!
What a sweet face of excitement over her new exersaucer! What, only 15 dollars??? hehe

Jack showing her how to work all the toys "oh, thank you BIG brother!"

We purchased Jack some safety scissors.  He likes to ask if he can do some "scissoring" instead of cutting.

An outdoor/indoor playmat with toys ($3) and new pajamas ($2) 

This is a Pottery Barn nursery rug, which we purchased for $30.  It goes perfect in her room!

1 comment:

  1. and now you have me hooked on Craigslist...won't Dad be surprised when he gets home and some stuff is gone!?

    ReplyDelete