background

Sunday, July 5, 2015

The summertime blur

4 months and sweeter than pie :)
Matthew T is rapidly approaching the 5 month mark!! He is becoming a little role poly, using his new skills to move around the floor. He is also very handsy- starting to grab anything and everything that comes near him.  Of all our babies, he seems to have changed the most from month to month!

Happy 4th!
Everytime people see him they remark about how different he looks! For starters, he kind of went bald for awhile... but now he has already got a super full fuzzy head of hair coming in.  I just love the way it feels on my face, and have even found him rubbing his own hands all over his head!! It is that perfect peach fuzz length :) His eyes keep getting bigger and bluer, and now his face has started to lengthen out. It is still not clear who he is going to look like... but it is becoming clearer and clearer that he is going to be a happy and laid back little guy.  He is still very easy to please, and a joy to be around.
Wheelbarrow racing!
NonaJane went to vacation bible school in June, which was really her first time being 'dropped off' and left somewhere.  Of course she didn't seem bothered in a bit, but it tugged at my heart strings a good deal.  VBS was 3 hours a day Monday thru Friday.  I wasn't sure how well NonaJane would participate and attend... but turns out she won over the hearts of several ladies.  On Friday evening after their final show, one of the teachers came and sought me out.  She told me that Nona was such a sweetheart and had brought her joy all week, she THANKED me for bringing her.  I felt like my heart could have burst hearing someone else love and appreciate my daughter like I do.  NonaJane is really growing up recently, but still a giant ball of wild :)


Late summer nights :)
 Despite all the rain, this summer has been a blur of late nights, swimming, slip-n-sliding, trampoline jumping, firework watching, and hot dog eating. Having three kids sure does keep us busy, but I think we are pulling it all off all right :) Having amazing friends has helped us out though... a LOT.  Guess who sat at our house until midnight when we had to take Jack to the ER? Guess who goes to the pool with us to even out the score between kids and adults? Guess who feeds me dinner when I get off work late, or who picks our kids up from vacation bible school? I'm thinking about including them in our annual family picture this year... because the Blacks have become a pretty integral part of how we function.  The other day their daughter Bella said it best when she matter of factly informed Jack that "I AM your family Jack."
Swimming at the Black's house

A little sprinkler and trampoline action

T-Bones game on Father's Day

Our annual family picture at the Height Reunion in Schleswig Iowa





Egg cracking.. in July
we survived our 3 year check up... and SHOTS

poor kid was having some hair issues...


Helping Mom make waffles with the new waffle iron

NonaJane and Matthew having a picnic

No comments:

Post a Comment