background

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Did I forget to mention...

Did I forget to mention we are having a BOY??  I think I did.  Minor detail.  We found out almost two weeks ago!  The discovery that our little baby is a BOY, was very exciting.  Yet, at the same time there was a small part of us that was a bit sad about knowing Nona will be the only little girl.  It was a feeling that is hard to explain. We were excited about a boy, but something about knowing Nona's little clothes won't be worn again, or that Nona won't have a little sister to grow up with, it just seemed very final.
  Adam seemed to be in shock for at least the first 24 hours before he settled into the idea that baby #3 is a boy.  He expressed it like this:
"Jack is my little buddy. He and I are going to do everything together.  I tell him all the time that he is my favorite little guy.  Now we will have to learn how to share that with another little boy." Adam just wasn't sure about how baby #3 might change his relationship with Jack.
Jack on the other hand… was nothing but ecstatic.  He told us "this is the BEST day of my life! I can't believe we are getting a BOY! Just what I wanted!"  Jack doesn't seem to have any reservations about sharing his life with another little guy.
NonaJane ran around the rooms saying "baby boy, baby boy, baby boy" so at least she knows what to expect.  However, pretty sure the whole thing is still abstract and weird to her.
I, on the other hand, was overwhelmed.  I was overwhelmed that the dream I had before I was even pregnant was coming true!  (A literal dream. The kind you have when you are asleep. Not just a hoping kind of dream). I had dreamt of our family of 5. There were three children, and the third little boy was already here.  So ever since I found out I was pregnant, I have thought and hoped that it would be as it was in my dream.  The best part??? The little guy already had his NAME in my dream as well (so I hope you are reading this Michael T Crabb and Mark Tyler Crabb)  …


Matthew T Schwatken

I figured I had better go ahead and share, as Jack and Nona are already calling him baby Matt.  Often times using his full name Matthew T.    The T (and his initials MT)  are in tribute to my brothers.  I loved growing up as baby #3, and I loved my big brothers.  So for me, this name is absolutely perfect.  To the MT's in my life,
Love you Michael and Mark.  





No comments:

Post a Comment