background

Saturday, June 29, 2013

She's talking!!!

NonaJane went to bed the other day with a 3-4 word vocabulary... "HI" is her favorite, and she was doing pretty well with "Mom, Dad, and light." She puts a smile on every strangers face because she greets people with a boisterous "HI!" and a wave.  She probably uses the word 100 times a day. She even greets me with "HI" every time I enter the room.
But then yesterday she started TALKING! I'm not kidding. Just all of a sudden she's talking, and it's not just me with crazy Mom ears. I have witnesses! Johanna, myself, and NonaJane were looking at a book and she mimicked me saying "fish, duck, e-i-e-i (from Old McDonald ya know :)) , juice, ball, shoes, and bike!" This is SO exciting to me! So I immediately cleaned out a basket, placed it next to our rocking chair and filled it with Jack and I's favorite books from when he was a toddler. NonaJane immediately climbed in the basket and seemed pretty annoyed that all those books were in there with her. Anyhoo, I think our phase of eating books may just be turning into READING books! yippee :)

She is starting to play with more purpose and intent! She loves Mr. Potato Head, and the other day was saying "Hat" and putting the hat on her head!
Rare moment wear NonaJane was actually SITTING on my lap. Weird.. it didn't last too long

A more more usual moment of us chasing NonaJane

No comments:

Post a Comment