background

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend

Aunt Julie, Jack (3 yrs), Henry (4 yrs), Luella (2 yrs), Keeper (6 years), Hudson (5 yrs) Everett (3 yrs) 
Mark, Katie and the boys were in town this past week which meant family fun time!  There were a lot of cousins (mostly boys) and a WHOLE lot of pretend ninja's with super powers. Unfortunately this came along with some teasing, taunting, and tears.  Which is a new experience for our family seeing as the boys are just now getting to be school age, and old enough to gang up on each other.  I think us mother's (or at least myself) were definitely on edge listening to the boys "No, your super power doesn't work against mine. You can't have fire power cause I have ice power balls to defeat you!" etc. etc... The Dad's informed me that boys will be boys and to just stay out of it.  So for the most part we did.  Luckily Jack is still a little young, and since he doesn't have a big brother he tended to just stay out of it.  But I know our time is coming...
Pontoon ride with Ethan (7 yrs) Hudson, Everett, Henry, Jack and Luella
Anyhoo, we really enjoyed the visit with Mark and Katie. As promised we had our annual easter 'egg smash', and easter egg hunt.  Jack did not participate in the easter egg hunt, because he broke into tears within the first 5 seconds stating "they are TOO fast, I can't keep up! I saw an egg and they got it before I could get there!"  He spent the next 30 minutes in a melt down.. which I figure is pay back because I think I cried EVERY year during the easter egg hunt myself.  I am pretty sure there is video tape proof of this.
It was fun having everyone at Mema and Papa's new house for the first time.  It is definitely a bit overwhelming having 8 children under the age of 8... every year we say "next year will be easier because they won't be (fill in the blank: nursing, napping, etc. etc.). But now I am not so sure... I think every year it might just get LOUDER, and crazier, and messier!
I may get overwhelmed at times, but there is ONE thing I am sure of... these are the memories in the making. I am so thankful that all the cousins get these times together.  That Mema and Papa have a home that is so conducive to family gatherings and family fun.  I love my brothers, am thankful for wonderful sister in laws (whom I also love), 5 amazing nephews and one beautiful little niece.
I am so PROUD to be a Crabb (and a Schwatken at the same time :))

Weatherby Lake Beach


Mema and Michael on the kayak

NonaJane 12 months

Papa and NonaJane


Ethan, Luella, Julie, Keeper, Henry and Everett. Everett making a good "smash" on Henry's head!

The party down on Mema and Papa's deck

A new favorite picture of NonaJane and Mema


No comments:

Post a Comment