background

Monday, May 13, 2013

Her little, tiny, beautiful self

NonaJane got a new bedroom.  I was bit by that random 'redecorate' bug again. Maybe I was brainwashed by subliminal messages on HGTV... but I blame pinterest.  I typed "little girl's room'  into the search engine on pinterest and up popped all these amazing elegant rooms.  And it was decided... NonaJane NEEDS a room like that for her birthday.  A "big" girl room to suit her little, tiny, beautiful, self.  So I started hunting on the Mom Swap and Shop sites for the pieces I needed. I scored on some white shelves for $10, pottery barn curtains for $20, an old decorative window for $10, and pottery barn bedding from a dear friend.  I painted over all the sweet murals we had done for Jack-Jack...and gave NonaJane something new. Something I did just for HER.  Many have asked if it was hard for me to paint over Jack's nursery... but it really wasn't.  We've already given Jack a new room, one that we put a lot of love and care into.  It felt like I hadn't done anything like that for NonaJane, and it felt good to put hard work into something that would show how special SHE is to us too.  Jack enjoyed the process and affirmed that the new room was "GOOD" and just right for his baby sister.

Happy Birthday Baby Girl, may you enjoy your room and feel like a little princess every time you step into it :)



The Birthday Girl
The old window.. added some dry erase messages and craft paper.. voila!



Birthday sign that Jack helped me make. He cut some of the circles and helped with the glueing!

NonaJane in her new room

NonaJane enjoying the liberties of walking.
 All my old Carebears in the background (they don't spend much time on their shelf)

Jack and NonaJane on the morning of her birthday

The sweetest picture of Nona and Mema. I just love her little hand hugging her!

No comments:

Post a Comment