background

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Thank you little car!




Our new (and pleasantly used) 2008 Acadia!!
Well the $1,000 dollar car has given us a great year. Can you believe it?? We drove it for a full year! Admit it, you all thought I was crazy last year when I sold my car and bought this.  Well, it may have squeaked over every bump, and squealed around the turns, but this car was GOOD to us. Technically we still have it, and Adam has been driving it to work and back to save miles off the truck. It doesn't have carseats in it anymore so it doesn't get used for daily stuff.  We can all thank Baby Matthew for the purchase of the Acadia. I came to the realization a month or more ago that three carseats were NOT going to safely fit across the backseat of the oldsmobile.  They do sell special 'narrow' carseats.  But I worried about Jack going into a booster, and then his head being right up next to his siblings plastic carseat… then we realized that the seat belts in the back were stretched from having held in carseats for so long.. that they lacked the spring reaction to tighten up on their own when used for a booster.  It was kind of the final straw for me… just couldn't risk having my kids not be safe.
Nona and I will have fond memories of the time the giant spider made a web INSIDE the car and I got to fearfully whack it out of the car with a folder (only to then accidentally roll it up IN the window effectively squishing and smearing the spider remains across the window). NonaJane had the unpleasant honor of sitting by that window… and pointing out the "spider" each time we got in.  I know, I should have just washed it… but you couldn't really run the car thru a car wash because the doors didn't properly seal. I wasn't about to hand wash it (blame the pregnancy).
I also have new found appreciation for heated seats, and doors that actually seal. We no longer need to pile under blankets for a car ride.

But, we absolutely can NOT complain. We had the Oldsmobile for a year, Adam replaced the brakes, and we had the oil changed and tires rotated.  We drove over 13,000 miles, and didn't have a single mechanical problem.  Not many cars that you can say that about with 212,000 miles on them!
So here is hoping that the Acadia will treat us well. That it will keep our family safe, and provide us with the ability to give rides to our little friends as well!


Giving our friend, Grace, a ride home from Kingdom Kids. (And NonaJane with full blown pink eye…)

No comments:

Post a Comment