background

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Look who's going to be TWO

NonaJane is going to be two next month. In 3 weeks and 6 days to be exact.  Thankfully with all the distractions in my life right now I haven't had time to panic about this.  Until right now.  Now I am panicked.  She won't be one anymore. She definitely won't be a baby anymore.  She will be TWO.
She has discovered some new sayings lately, and upped her cute and sassy factor by 10.  She will now tell you to "Go Away" if she doesn't like what you are saying or doing.  When people ask her her name she now confidently replies with "Nona!".  She dances like a wild woman to music, sings along to "Happy" and "Let it Go", and can officially climb anywhere and jump off of anything. Last night she was jumping off the end table, knocked my lamp onto the floor and broke it.  You know, really cute stuff.  She can count to 10, but her favorite thing to do is repeat random numbers until you can't take it anymore "8, 9, 8, 9, 8, 9, 8, NINE!!!!"  She likes to sing the alphabet too, but she seems to get stuck at 'H', so she will just start over. and over, and over again.  And if you dare try to help get her PAST the H, she will yell at you.  And for some reason I think it is the CUTEST thing ever.  Every time she gets stubborn and yells, it makes me smile from ear to ear. Her strong will, her seriousness, her mission to be independent, it is all my favorite stuff about her.  She loves to color, especially on the table when you aren't looking. She is really pretty good at coloring too. She likes to use a wide variety of colors, she fills the page, and is already proud of her work yelling "Watch!!" and "look!"  She continues to eat a wide variety, stealing food off her brother's plate and pretty much begging all day long. "Hungry" might be her favorite word.  Our little girl knows what she wants, and usually won't give up until she gets it.




NonaJane you bring such joy to our lives. You make me smile and laugh, you push me around and challenge me.  Yet despite your stubborn front, you are the sweetest thing.  You love to give me kisses, and you hold onto my arm when I read to you. You sing along with me at night "you are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me HAPPY", you are bursting with joy when I get home from work, and you miss me if I leave the room for a minute.  You love me with such passion, with such joy.  You demand that you want "mommy" and you aren't afraid to tell people "NO!"  You speak your mind, you   live every moment to it's fullest. You exude enough happiness from one squeal, one smile, one giddy dance, to make every frustration, every challenge, every exhausting moment simply melt away.

NonaJane, we LOVE you.

No comments:

Post a Comment