background

Friday, March 28, 2014

their beautiful little personalities

Jack and NonaJane are at a very fun age. An age in which they can play, laugh and giggle with each other. They truly entertain me to my core.  In the morning NonaJane wakes up and asks "Jack!??"  and when Jack asks her "Nona, do you want to go play pirates?" she replies with an enthusiastic "Yeahhh!!!"  When I pick them up at the gym, and Jack walks out pretending he is a zombie, a little NonaJane is following him with her arms outstretched in front of her moaning in tune with her brother.  She thinks he is hilarious, and he thinks she is his best little sidekick.  My days are filled with "watch!! Watch me!!" and "LOOK" as NonaJane imitates the stunts of her big brother.  Whether it is jumping off the arm of the couch, attempting to mimic a summersault, or coloring her face with a crayon… I am never less than entertained.  Especially when I can hear her informative big brother calmly attempting to correct her "No, NonaJane. You should be coloring the bear BROWN." or "NonaJane, you can't use your shirt as a pocket."  On the other side I get an angry little girl tattling on her big brother. Screams of anger and "Jack DOWN!" when he pushed her down. Or "NO no no no Jack… NONA's" when he takes something away from her.  But my favorite moments, are when they snuggle together on the couch (blanket and all) and watch cartoons.  Jack always lets her pick the show and he manages the remote.  Jack usually tries to hold her hand, and gently snuggle her close.  She usually appeases him for a short while, before her snuggling quota is full.  Then she prefers to sit beside him, smacking his attempts to hug her away.  Their beautiful little personalities shining thru.

"Ta-Da!"
"I've got this"
























Just yesterday we were at Kohls. I placed NonaJane in the proper 'baby seat' of the cart, and placed Jack inside the canvas portion where it clearly states "do NOT let children ride inside the cart".  Next thing I know NonaJane has climbed from her seat and joined Jack in the forbidden area.  The two of them make a game of ducking down and hiding from passerby's, then jumping up to say "hi".  As I'm perusing the isles of clothing I realize that I am actually ENJOYING myself at a store with both my kids.  I find a shirt I like, and ask Jack "which color should I get?"  Without much hesitation he points to a deep pink color and says "The pink one Mom. You will look like such a pretty married girl in that one!" So I bought it.  And I will feel so pretty when I wear it. Because Jack said so.  Of course the honeymoon period at Kohl's ended when NonaJane figured it would be more fun to throw all the items I DO want out of the cart, and instead start filling it with items I could care less about.  For some reason Jack thought it would be a good idea to remove all their shoes, and Nona ate the tags off the items before we had a chance to purchase them.  All was well with the world, a hectic state of normal.  A state that I love and appreciate more and more everyday.

NonaJane creating a masterpiece (i.e. a really big mess)











No comments:

Post a Comment