background

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

We've got our crap together!... most of the time


is it just me... or is he checking out that gas pedal in this picture?
Life sure knows how to take you on a ride. One minute, you can feel totally cool and confident- the next your hanging onto the back of a golf cart being driven by your 14 month old son. You may spend the next foreseeable future limping off a giant swollen and bruised thigh and attempting to comfort your ego.  I'm sure the 14 month old driving off in your golf cart is a totally normal experience that all parents go thru. My friend recently reminded me of a hilarious Jim Gaffigan skit where he relates having a 4th child to treading water and then having someone hand you a baby.  Well, we're not planning on finding out about the 4th child because I'm pretty sure Adam and I are barely hanging on here.  Not to make it sound like a desperate state over here... I mean most of the time we have our crap together! Just, "most of the time" doesn't really cut it when your 14 month old (yes the same one) comes around the corner chewing on your razor.

Seriously? What kind of houdini act does one pull to be able to literally mouth and CHEW on a  razor without causing oneself any harm whatsoever??? I remember "old" people always complaining how their kids "aged" them and gave them grey hair.  Ugh, why are old people always right!?!   I'm definitely feeling older here, but I'm also feeling wiser. And despite having numerous humbling fails with parenting lately... I actually do feel somewhat accomplished.  This Spring Adam and I have finally made it outdoors to tackle some much needed projects around the house. I had no idea how much I missed MULCH!  Seriously, mulch covers a multitude of things.  It makes the landscaping look so crisp- like "wow, those people have it together. I mean, look at their mulch!"  I finally feel like if people come over- they may take note of our landscaping and realize that we actually put time and effort into it. (cause I DID. So you better notice my landscaping and tell me how good it looks.) The biggest deal of it all, was that I did nearly all of it by myself! I tore out all the old plants, I worked the soil, I dug the holes, and I planted the plants.
It was empowering to get outside, to work hard, and accomplish something great. I even learned how to use Adam's zero turn mower, and used his trailer to pull around the gravel, dirt and mulch (until I broke the trailer arm because Adam said I "overloaded" it. Whatever, that trailer was crap and needed to Man Up to the demands.) Adam used that as an excuse to buy a new trailer... so between that and the mulch we are poor again.
Add caption
While I was diligently working away in the front yard, Adam was tearing out our screened in porch and building us an outdoor kitchen and living area! Jack and NonaJane played and helped us each out with jobs here and there. Matthew followed us around, hollered at us, stole our stuff and randomly deposited things around the yard (an infuriating game that will make anyone feel crazy) AND.... ate a lot of dirt.  Once Adam finished the bar and grill, we cleaned up the house, updated the lighting, and then spent a fortune on outdoor furniture (what good is an outdoor kitchen and living area if you have nowhere to sit?? I know I already said we were poor, but sometimes when the damage is already done you just go for it. We blame Spring Fever. Meanwhile, if you need us we will be at home on our back porch NOT spending any more money).
NonaJane wearing her FAVORITE dress. Valentine's
Day every day at our house :)
The good news, is I've started on a new endeavor that is helping us earn more "play" money and will hopefully continue to expand in the future! I went to a friends house recently for a "WildTree freezer meal workshop".  I don't know what happened, but I fell in LOVE with the company, the products, the mission, and the whole concept.  I signed up as a rep for a direct sales company! Which was weirder than weird because I have always avoided direct sales efforts and 'parties' like the plague.  Joining one has really changed my attitude and my perception- I mean, why are we ok with giving corporations like wal-mart a few hundred bucks, but if a good friend is selling awesome products we shy away like "mmm... I don't really want YOU to make money off of me". How backwards is that?  When in all reality, if our friends are selling something- it's probably because they really love it. If direct sales cut out the middle man expenses and instead allows individuals to benefit... it really does seem like a great thing! So my main point is, I'm starting a WildTree empire here so you should totally join me! Healthy food, that tastes great, and earns me money?! I know I know, but it's true!
Well, I can feel my creative juices waining.. the end of my day drawing near.  I guess if you made it thru this whole post you could probably conclude that our 3 children are doing well,  that you should definitely go buy yourselves some mulch, AND... that I shouldn't blog so late at night.


The kids all started gymnastics/tumbling classes this month

Matthew discovered the trampoline...


So good looking!



and he discovered the dryer



The kids helping me with the yard work!

Matthews 1st Haircut!!! What a sweet little face!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment