background

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Halloween

It's Trick or Treat time!

Jack enjoys being a pirate any time :)
Halloween was a blast this year. Especially since Jack was willing to wear a random assortment of clothing and costume items that we already had :) He was more than happy to parade up and down our street as a glow in the dark skeleton pirate.  I think he looked pretty cool myself :)  He got the pirate stuff last Christmas from his grandparents. Complete with hat, swords, gold doubloons, and an eye patch! He topped off the look with a nice snarl and the saying "give me candy or walk the plank!"  He also quickly picked up on the song "trick or treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat! If you don't, I don't care, I'll pull down your underwear!" However this was just an act because he promised he was a NICE pirate and was very polite at every door. He sweetly stated "trick or treat" thanked the people, and let them ooh and aah over his neat costume.  Personally I think the glow in the dark skeleton (pajama top) shirt was a nice touch.  Made him look like one of the pirates from the Pirates of the Carribean movie.  Plus the boy is SO DARN CUTE!
But lets not forget it was NonaJane's first Halloween! I picked her up a cute little monkey jacket at the kids consignment sale for $5 (reference my post on being a consignment sale junky).  She was an adorable monkey, but I figured I better girl it up a bit or I'd surely get some flack from someone.  Luckily our neighbors had recently given her this adorable strawberry outfit complete with tights and a pink tutu. So of course we threw that on under the coat and now she was a girly, tutu wearing monkey! Couldn't be better. She rode around in the wagon, and did not exactly trick or treat. Though many people did offer to give her candy. I should have let them, would have been more for me :)


NonaJane wearing the cute hat that Jack made her

My pilgrims... or are they supposed to be Indians... I dunno


No comments:

Post a Comment