background

Saturday, May 19, 2012

A very special day indeed

May 16th is a special day to me.
 For one, it's my Mom's birthday!

May 16th 2007.  Me, my Mom and little Ethan at 19 months.
 May 16th 2007 also happens to be the anniversary of Adam and I's first date! 
Adam and I, May 2007
 5 years ago on May 16th my family and I were preparing a surprise birthday party for my Mom's 52nd birthday. The number 52 happens to be my Mom's FAVORITE number. She always uses it in her motherly sayings such as "I have told you 52 MILLION times to clean your room!" or "I've got 52 MILLION things to do!" Since she fancies the number 52 so much, it seemed like a good year to really celebrate her birthday right. 
That same afternoon, 5 years ago,  Adam called me and asked if I wanted to go play tennis. (I initially missed his call as I was in the grocery store with my mom.  When I got his message I reacted as a little school girl and called him back IMMEDIATELY.) I could NOT pass up the opportunity to spend time with him! But don't worry, the surprise birthday party went on without a hitch that evening, and she loved it! Just look at her face!!!
Mom's surprised face for the evening party
Me, my Dad, and Mom in May of 2007.  This picture was taken after my graduation ceremony from Occupational Therapy School. I was currently living with my parents.

Anyhoo, Adam picked me up that afternoon in his Mustang (super cool don't you know?!) and we headed to the tennis courts.  It was the best date ever, a game of tennis followed by cold stone ice cream.  It was the start of our lives together. Not a day went by after the 16th of May 2007 that we did not see each other.  He was immediately "my person" ( Yes I stole that saying from Grey's Anatomy... so shoot me).  Adam was amazing, he still is amazing. I could not be more thankful for him, and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that he makes my life better in every way.
Adam and I on a camping trip, August of 2007
So this May 16th 2012, we got together again to celebrate my Mom's 57th birthday.  5 years later, and what a change.  It's hard to believe Adam and I have been married over 4 years, have TWO children, and are happy as clams. Mema and Papa now have 7 grandchildren and the 8th one on the way (Mark and Katie are expecting a boy in August). And little Ethan is already 6 1/2 years old!
Mema's 57th birthday party. At our house

Aunt Julie and Uncle Michael with NonaJane

The kids playing... notice daredevil Luella halfway up the ladder

Daddy and NonaJane

Nona staring down her toy

The best BIG brother ever.  He wants to hold, kiss, and hug Baby NonaJane.  This morning he said, "I love you Baby Nona" and gave her a big kiss. Best moment ever :)

I love MAY 16th, it's a very special day indeed.
  A day to remember the blessings in my life, a day to remind me of the memories made, and the memories to come.

1 comment:

  1. Nothing makes me happier than having a happy child. I'm so glad you and Adam found each other. I can't believe it's been five years...but in the pictures you can see how much Ethan has grown, how big Keeper has gotten and how gray I've become! Are you sure it's only been 5 years...

    ReplyDelete